Location: New York City
Self-starter who is able to work independently in a team environment; primarily responsible for all technical design responsibilities including the fit, quality and construction of product. Manage technical design from development through production.
- Manage the execution and consistency of the brand fit across multiple product categories.
- Develop and edit tech packs, documenting fit comments, specs, and bill of materials – must be able to advise fit intent, balance, and construction to factories via pattern diagrams, photos, mock-ups, or directly on pattern
- Communicate to all vendors and factories regarding contents of tech pack, corrections to samples and patterns. Interact on daily basis with vendors to problem solve all issues related to technical design.
- Conduct fittings on live models to determine corrections to achieve fit and document in the technical package incorporating specs, technical sketches, garment construction details, grading, labeling requirements, and ticket placement.
- Responsible for physical garment measuring and inputting of specs into tech pack.
- Collaborate with Design in initial stages of tech pack spec development. Translate design sketches and/or sample into spec and construction pages. Review tech packs before factory turnover for accuracy
- Tracking style development through a seasonal WIP chart and keeping style development on calendar by managing priorities across development seasons, organizing fittings as needed and having samples ready for review for key milestones within the season
- Issue graded specs to factories for production marking/grading
- Must function effectively as part of a small team working in tech, design, and production as needed. Should be flexible to the needs of the team and be able to handle other responsibilities and projects as needed/assigned
- Extensive patternmaking, grading, and garment construction knowledge
- Live model fitting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design, Patternmaking, or Technical Design or relevant experience equal to the above
- Must have a minimum of 5+ year’s previous experience in technical design/product development
- Women's wovens experience is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and strong computer skills including: Illustrator, Word, Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines
- Strong eye for design, print, and color a plus
COMPETETIVE SALARY - BOE
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Technical Designer Position in the subject line.