Location: New York City
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Tracks and ships samples; Receives and logs all incoming/outgoing samples
- Review all sample prototypes that come back with regard to construction and fit and match back to initial tech pack.
- Measure accurately all protos, SMS’s and fit samples prior to fittings.
- Prepare fit samples prior to fittings and participate in fitting with lead tech designer.
- Takes fit notes during fitting.
- Schedules and communicates internal fittings based on sample flow
- Inspect TOP samples to match PP approvals
- Communicate all fit corrections including detailed construction changes or pattern changes in tech pack.
- Develop and edit tech packs, documenting fit comments, specs. and PP/TOP comments
- Communicate daily with over sea's factories on all fit changes and any change that may affect delivery as well as answering any of their questions.
- Maintain development and production timeline
- Work closely with production team to insure quality garments
Experience, skills & knowledge • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience:
- College or Technical Degree in pattern-making or/ and Technical design, preferred.
- At least one year full time work experience in technical design/ pattern-making, required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent time management and self-motivation
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
- Basic understanding of pattern making, draping, garment construction, grading, and factory production
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow direction accurately and in a timely manner
- Expert technical skill proficiency using MS office: Excel, word
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task competing priorities to meet deadline
- Resourceful problem solver
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Assistant Technical Designer Position in the subject line.